>

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Happy New Year & Spring Wreath




Firstly may I wish everyone a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous 2017 !

This is also my first project of 2017, a curled paper wreath !  I started with a polystyrene wreath form which was 25cm diameter.

I chose papers which I have had for ages (DCWV - Florals 12 x 12 stack). I used only two designs in green and pink, one a pink floral and the other a green & pink stripe.  In total I used 6 sheets.

I cut the sheets into half inch strips on the paper trimmer and then curled these from the centre of a strip outwards in both directions. I used a bone folder and my thumb to do this.  When I had curled all the strips I used plain headed pins to attach the curled strips to the polystyrene form in a random fashion until the form was totally covered.




Finishing touch was to add a length of white/pink spotty ribbon with more pins.  I wondered whether to add a flourish with the word 'Spring' but decided not too.  Also this would make a great table centrepiece with a battery candle in the middle. What do you think?

Sid xx

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. It's wonderful! Happy new year to you too!
    GerJanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that... may have to pinch your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect as is sid. Hugs Mrs A. (aka ValeryAnne).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project! Happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New year Sid - and may you continue to craft such beauty's throughout the year
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Sid, you asked what I thought about your Spring Wreath - I think it is "Fab-you-luss" (I was a fan of Strictly you might guess) I love it. The first thing I thought of, and don't take exception to this please, was "rhubarb" - a favourite taste of mine. If you think of it rhubarb is all pink and green which is what must have struck me.
    To clarify, if I was to embark on such a work of art I would want the exact paper stack you used so that proves I like the colours and yes, I think it could be used as a centre piece on the table with a candle in. Also you could have the word "Spring" on a sheet of card set at a jaunty angle behind the wreath for the door. I can just picture that but it is lovely as it is.
    Happy New Year to you both and keep the photos coming on FB - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous SId. They look like little sweets ! Happy New Year !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so festive! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a very Happy New Year too Sid. Hope you enjoy your retirement and have lots of time to craft and travel. I love this project, it looks fab whether placed horizontally or vertically.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...