>

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Time & Tide ATC's


Here are a trio of ATC's done as part of a swap over on UK Stampers Forum.  The theme for these is 'Shades of Blue.

I started with white cardstock cut to size and used mica sprays made with faded jeans Distress ink and silver Cosmic Shimmer mica powder in a mini mister.  This was sprayed heavily until it ran in drips down the base card.  This was allowed to dry naturally.  A few coats were applied to give depth.





Next I sprayed  delphinium summer ink from Sticky Fingers over this until happy with the effect.  Some spatters and some drips were made also.  This was dried with the heat gun.





I next took some cheap blue glitter glue, applied swirls of this over each card and then dabbed over with a piece of dry baby wipe to distribute roughly, leaving an uneven and slightly glittery surface.  This was allowed to dry.





All the stamps used are PaperArtsy and I stamped the moth in black Stazon and a leaf in aquamarine Stazon as shown.The sentiment was stamped with Veramark ink and heat embossed with midnight sapphire obsidian Moonglow embossing powder.  The edges of the cards were coloured with wild iris chalk ink.

All three of the cards are slightly different but all have the same elements.  Hopefully I have captured a little of the detail of the surfaces on the pics.

Sid xx

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Lovely watery feel here sid, these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Sid, can't wait to get these in my little mits, they look stunning and full of texture xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shades of blue - very sealike - great atc.'s

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definately like to see these in real life to get the full effect - fab ATC's

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and exciting blog! I'm a bit late for WOYWW, but am so glad I stopped by:) Fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are great! such lovely colours really stunning!
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful atc's love the techniques , And you can never have too much glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these but I love blue, so am bound to like them, lol. Great work and I love the sheen. Must be much nicer in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very artistic creation. It is so amazing how you think of that kind of layout. I am so impressed in this art work. This is a job well done.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...