>

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Postcard from America !

This is my entry for the UK Stampers Sunday Challenge for this week. The hostess wanted us to produce a 10 x 15 cm postcard with the destination of USA. So I went a bit abstract and not true to theme exactly..........but who cares ! This is how I made it.

I needed:


  • White card (cut to 10 x 15 cm)

  • Adirondack Inkpads (Cranberry, Butterscotch & Espresso)

  • Make-up sponge

  • Versamark Inkpad

  • Ranger Embossing Powder (Lemon Yellow & Magenta)

  • Stazon Inkpad (Jet Black)

  • Gold Artist Ink

  • Marvey le Plume II pen (Crimson Lake)

  • Colorbox Chalk Ink (Burnt Sienna)

  • New York Postal Stamp (Crafty Individuals)

  • Grand Hotel Stamp (Inkadinkado)

  • Gone to Beach Stamp (Vap Scrap)

I coloured the card using the Adirondack Dye Inks applied in a circular motion in layers with the make-up sponges to achieve the background colour effect. I wanted warm and rich colours to give the impression of a warm beach. Once happy with the effect I heat set with a heat gun.


I then inked the Grand Hotel stamp with versafine and heat embossed with the lemon yellow Ranger EP. Next I inked the gone to beach stamp with Versamark and this time heat embossed with the Ranger magenta EP.


I then drew a line down the centre of the card with the Marvey pen and wrote postcard at the top left. I inked the postal stamp with Stazon and painted three wavy lines in gold artist ink to represent a postal frank. Finally edging the whole card with the chalk ink.


Hope you like it ! :-)

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love this postcard Sid - really vibrant colours and thanks for telling us how you did it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors -- very bright like a Hawaiian sunset. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...