>

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Halloween Invite


I was asked by a friend to do 20 Halloween party invites for the forthcoming celebrations on 31st October. One of the cards is featured above.

I took some maroon cardstock and made the card blanks to a size of 5in x 5in. I then took some orange whitecore card and cut this into smaller squares to be matted onto the fronts of the cards. I then used one of my new cuttlebug embossing folders (Cobweb) to emboss these. Once embossed a Whispers black dye inkpad was lightly rubbed over the embossed surface to accentuate the web design I then sprayed lightly with Sticky Fingers silver shake-n-spray to give the webs a bit of glitz. When dry the matts were adhered to the front of the cards and a 2 inch piece of silver cord was cut and stuck onto the web with one end at the centre of the web.

I searched high and low for some spiders to adorn the webs and finally found some in a £1 shop. I adhered a spider with a glue dot at the other end of the thread.

Some plaques were made with the same card and these were stamped with a 'You Are Invited' stamp from See D's celebrations set. The plaques were then applied on foam pads to add relief.

The card inserts were printed on the inkjet printer and applied inside the cards. Maroon envelopes finish the project.

Hope you like them :)

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. great Halloween invite :0)
    **Hugs** Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Them there spiders are far too real looking...........runs and hides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Them there spiders are far too real looking....runs and hides!

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...