>

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Buildings/Architecture 6x6 page

This weeks Sunday Challenge by Efemera on UK Stampers Forum is 'Architecture/Buildings' so I decided to make a 6inch x 6inch page using one main stamp from Zettiology (29-143-J).

I stamped this onto plain white cardstock with Versafine onyx black ink. I then trimmed to size and applied layers of Distress Inks with cut'n'dry foam in broken china, milled lavender and tattered rose, graduating to form a sky effect. I then used Marvey LaPlume 2 pens in rose pink and mauve to highlight various sections of the buildings. I then applied a Versamark pen (fine end) and picked out sections of the buildings and heat embossed these with fine detail clear embossing powder. The plaque was finished with a Klimt swirl corner stamp from Tanda Stamps stamped twice in the blue area of the sky to give the impression of clouds using Whispers azure seas dye ink.

The completed plate was matted onto pink and then blue cardstock and edged with blue iris Colorbox chalk ink.

Plain and quite simple, but I liked the way it turned out.........hope you do too! :-)

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. WOW looks fab Sid, love all those brights at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so effective because of the prominence of the sky. It just makes the skyline look so beautiful. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...