>

Friday, August 03, 2007

Image Transfer ATC's





I have just completed another 3 ATC's using the packing tape image transfer method. I chose images from glossy magazines and transferred them onto clear adhesive packing tape by burnishing the tape thouroughly over the chosen image. I cut out the taped images and soaked in water for a few minutes then with my fingers 'rubbed' off the softened paper from the adhesive side of the tape until no more remained. I then allowed the images to dry and then adhered them (they were still adhesive) to the ATC card background. You may need to use a clear adhesive such as glossy accents if they don't retain their own adhesive qualities. I have then used various techniques to enhance the images with backing papers, permanent markers, gesso, pearly doodles and chalk inkpads. The words were all stamped with black Stazon.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. ohhhh,new posh new header too.

    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kym, yes I did a bit of artwork for a header.......glad you like it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you were inspired by this one! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel........I really enjoyed what came out of my rather weird choices of subject matter for transfers. I enjoyed the decoration with different materials which totally changed the way they looked ! Glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paru's circle, glad you like them !

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...